Formerly a private residence, the Bates House is nestled within the Frank Melville Park. It is available for private functions year round. Parking is available on site with a separate entrance along the east side of the park.
The Bates House interior has a foyer, terrace room, the Jennie Melville room,
a kitchen, and an outdoor terrace. The largest room, the Jennie Melville, includes an 8′ by 20′ stage area. Totaling over 2400 square feet,
the facility can accommodate 163 people indoors. It is a perfect location
for birthday parties, communion parties, retirement parties, small weddings, retreats, receptions, conferences and reunions. Tables and chairs are included.
The Bates House is handicap accessible.
• Call Lise Hintze at 631-689-7054
to see if the desired date is available
• Set up a meeting time to view the facility
TERRACE ROOM: 29′ x 23′, 667 sq. ft.
JENNY MELVILLE ROOM: 52′ x 34′, 1768 sq. ft.
( including an 8′ x 20′ stage)
The are no cooking facilities, however, cook tents can be
brought onto the property. Refrigerator, sink, ample
TABLES AND CHAIRS:
• 15 (60″) round seating 8-10 guests
• 6 (30×96″) eight ft. rectangular tables
• 120 white folding chairs
Everything else is the responsibility of the user
(linens, catering, etc.)
• All garbage must be securely bagged and placed
in the dumpster provided
• The house must be left the way you get the house
— clean and neat
• Smoking is not permitted in the Bates House
• Functions must end by 12AM
• Music/DJ/band permitted
• Beer, wine, and alcohol permitted